United Bank Of India Invites Valid IBPS Score Card Holders For Clerical Cadre Recruitment-2012-13
United Bank of India has been playing a proactive role in the commercial banking in India since its inception in the year 1919. With a focus approach on sustainable growth along with the growth of share holders this bank has kept its promises up by operating as a promising banker in the ever changing dynamism of economic growth of India.
To strengthen its core competency and lay a strong foundation of the customer relation in business banking United Bank of India invites applications from valid score card holders who have successfully completed the IBPS Common Written Examination for Clerical cadre in the year 2011-12.
Vacancy Position: Single Window Operator ‘A’ – Clerical Cadre
Numbers of estimated vacancies:
Total 751 vacancies out of which 157 are reserved for SC, 52 for ST, 163 for OBC, and 379 posts are defined for unreserved (UR) category. This includes 23 posts reserved for PWDs and 156 are reserved for Ex-service persons.
The vacancies as indicated against Ex-Service persons also include 47 backlog vacancies existing with the bank.
Scale of Pay:
Selected candidates who will be joining the United Bank of India as the Single Window Operator will be entitled to get a pay band of Rs. 7200-400/3-8400-500/3-9900-600/4-12300-700/7-17200-1300/1-18500-800/1-19300.
The estimates starting emoluments for the clerical cadre of employment is estimated to be around Rs. 14161/- inclusive of DA, HRA, TA in a metropolitan centre.
The selected candidates will also be eligible for additional Medical Reimbursements, Leave benefits, Retirement Benefits as well as other provisions as per the rule book of the bank.
The candidates selected for recruitment by the bank will necessarily undergo a probation period of 6 calendar months from the date of joining the service.
Special provisions for Persons with disabilities (PWD):
The PWD candidates will be offered positions which are identified to be suitable for their working efficiency.
Note: The numbers of vacancies mentioned in this ad as well as the numbers of reserved vacancies are purely provisional and the bank reserves the right to change the vacancy figures as per its requirement from time to time.
Starting date of receipt of Online Application and Payment of fees: June 08, 2012
Closing date of receipt of Online Application and payment of fees: June 22, 2012
(This is also applicable for the candidates from the remote areas)
A candidate interested for applying for these positions should be either
i) An Indian national citizen
ii) A subject of Nepal
iii) A subject of Bhutan
iv) A Tibetan refugee came over to India before 1st Jan 1962 with an intention of permanent settlement
v) A person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, East African countries with an intension of permanent settlement
For all candidates applying with the nationality as specified under category ii), iii), iv), and v) must have obtained a certificate from competent authorities of Government of India.
Eligibility criteria for Single Window Operator ‘A’ as on August 01, 2011 is as under
b) Age: The applicant must be of at least 18 years and maximum of 28 years to be eligible for applying for this post
c) Relaxation in Upper Age limit: The candidate will be eligible to get relaxation in the upper age limit on an additive manner as per the regulations as prescribed by the Government of India
d) Educational Qualification:
The candidate should have obtained pass marks with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (55 % for SC/ST/OBC/PWD category in 10+2 of 10+2+3 pattern or its equivalent from a recognized Board
Or, should have obtained a Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by Central Government
e) Essential Requirements:
i) The candidate applying for the post of Single Window Operator must essentially possess a valid score card issued by IBPS for CWE conducted for clerical cadre in the year 2011-2012.
The minimum cut off score for CWE for UR category: 24
The minimum cut-off score for all others: 21
ii) The candidate must possess the knowledge of computers with successful completion of a basic computer course of at least three months duration from an Institute recognized by Central/State Government /AICTE or studied Computer as one of the subjects in Secondary/ Higher secondary/ Graduation level under 10+2+3 System.
iii) Should have proficiency in the official language of the State/UT (ability to read, write and speak local /state language)
iv) Candidates should appear from a centre in a State/UT for which vacancies he/she wishes to apply.
Reservations under special categories will be adopted as specified by the government of India and the policy will also prevail for the horizontal reservation of candidates in PWD category.
Mode of Application:
ONLINE ONLY (No other modes of application will be acceptable and entertained)
Application Fees (Non-Refundable):
For SC/ST/OBC/Ex-SM: Rs. 20/-
For All Others: Rs.100/-
How to pay the Application Fees:
- At any Core Banking System branch of United Bank of India through a payment challan which can be obtained from the website of the Bank. The account number and the format of payment is described below.
- Through NEFT transfer online:
NEFT (IFSC Code: UTBI0OCH175):
Account No. 0389050194259 with Old Court House Street Branch in the name & style of “UNITED BANK OF INDIA CLERICAL CADRE RECRUITMENT PROJECT 2012-13”.
No other forms of payment through DD, cheque, Pay order, Postal order, etc will be entertained.
The challan copy / the NEFT receipt to be kept with the candidate for future verification process
Fees once paid will not be refunded back or passed on for the next selection
- Personal Interview: Total marks will be 100. Competent candidates will be called for Interview in a ratio of 1:5 after scrutinization of their marks in CWE
- Accessibility features: Overall academic career, clarity of thought, power of expression, leadership qualities, general demeanour, communication skills, extra-curricular, hobbies and general suitability for job position.
- The minimum qualifying mark for Interview is 40% for general category and 35% for all reserved categories. Candidates failing to secure minimum qualification marks will not be entertained for further stages of selection.
How to apply:
- Candidates are required to apply online through website www.unitedbankofindia.com. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
- Candidates should ensure that their personal email ID (as specified in the online application form while applying for Common Written Examination CWE conducted in November/ December 2011) is kept active during the currency of a recruitment project. Bank may send call letters for Interview etc. to the registered e-mail ID.
- Applicants are first required to go to the Bank’s website ‘www.unitedbankofindia.com’ and click on the link “Recruitment of Clerical Cadre 2012-13”.
- Thereafter, open the Recruitment Notification entitled “UNITED BANK OF INDIA CLERICAL CADRE RECRUITMENT PROJECT-2012-13”.
- Obtain the Applicant’s Counterfoil Copy of the Application Fee Payment Challan/ NEFT Receipt duly authenticated by the Bank with (a) Branch Name & code No, (b) Transaction id/Scroll number (in case of payment through CBS) NEFT UTR No. (in case of payment through NEFT) (c) Date of Deposit & amount filled by the Branch Official.
- Candidates are now ready to Apply Online by re-visiting the Recruitment Link on the Bank’s website and going to the sub-link titled “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR UNITED BANK OF INDIA CLERICAL CADRE RECRUITMENT PROJECT 2012-13” to open up the appropriate Online Application Format. All the fields in the online Application format should be filled up carefully.
- Carefully fill in the details such as fee payment details from the CBS Challan/ NEFT Receipt in the Online Application Form, scores obtained in stipulated CWE etc. at the appropriate places.
- Original fee payment receipt i.e. CBS challan/ NEFT Receipt/ e-receipt will have to be submitted with the Call Letter at the time of Group Discussion/ Interview. Without original CBS challan/ NEFT receipt/ e-receipt the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the Interview. Candidates are also advised to keep a photocopy of the fee payment challan with them.
- The name of the candidate or his/her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD NOT SUBMIT A PRINTOUT OF THE APPLICATION / FEE PAYMENT RECEIPT (CBS challan/ NEFT receipt) TO THE BANK AT THIS STAGE.
- Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be rejected.
- The Application printout along with the fee payment receipt and required copies of documents should be kept ready for submission if short-listed for Interview.