Indian Overseas Bank Specialist Officers Recruitment Project October – 2012
Advertisement Number : HRDD/RECT/ 04 / 2012 Notification Date: 15th October 2012
As one of the leading Public Sector Banking Institution, Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) has been operating in India with its branches spread across the nation. This bank is one of the loading banking organizations in India which is having its present in the overseas market as well. With its mandate to follow the IBPS recruitment norms, IOB is inviting competent applications for various positions of Specialist Officers through its recruitment notification. Those aspirants who have appeared in the IBPS CWE for Specialist Officers during March 2012 and have a valid score card with them are eligible for this Specialist Officers’ job positions.
The details of the vacancies as well as essential criteria for eligibility are as follows:
Mode of Application: Online only through the website of the Indian Overseas Bank at www.iob.in
Name and Number of Vacancies:
- Agricultural Field Officer – JMGS-I – 337 Positions (SC-50, ST-25, OBC-90)
- Rajbhasha Adhikari – JMGS-I – 20 positions (SC-03, ST-01, OBC-05, PWD-01)
- Law Officer – JMGS-I – 10 Positions (SC-01, OBC-02)
- HR/ Personnel Officer – JMGS-I – 10 Positions (SC-01, ST-01, OBC-01. PWD-01)
- Law Officer – MMGS–II – 10 Positions (SC-01, OBC-02)
NOTE: There will be no reservation for Ex-Servicemen in the Officers cadre of recruitment
- Date of commencement of Online Registration: 16th October 2012
- Last date for Online Registration: 31st October 2012
- Dates for Payment of Application fees: in between 16-31st of October 2012
- Tentative date for interview by the IOB panel: November/ December 2012
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- For JMGS-I : Rs.14500 – Rs.25700 with other perks and remunerations
- For MMGS-II: Rs.19400 – Rs.28100 with other perks and remunerations
Candidates selected for all positions mentioned above will serve a probation period from the date of joining the Bank as determined by the Bank as per Officers’ Service Regulation (OSR).
Candidates selected for appointment will be required to execute a Financial Service Bond for rendering service for a minimum period of 3 years. The amount of the Financial Service Bond is Rs.100000 at present.
Important Eligibility Conditions:
The aspirants interested for the posts of Specialist Officers in the IOB must have secured 24 marks (21 for SC/ST/PWD) in individual subjects of IBPS CWE and minimum TWSS scores (separate for individual positions as per the details mentioned on the website of IOB at www.iob.in) to be eligible for selection for Specialist Officers.
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
Apart from that the aspirants must have attained IBPS CWE for Specialist Officers during March 2012 and must have a valid score card issued by IBPS with them.
- Agricultural Field Officer – JMGS-I – Must have a Degree in Agriculture or allied specializations such as Horticulture/ Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Science, etc.
- Rajbhasha Adhikari –JMGS-I – Must possess a Post Graduate Degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the Degree level OR, a Post Graduate Degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as subjects at the Degree level.
- Law Officer – JMGS-I – Must have a Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB)
- HR/ Personnel Officer – JMGS-I – Must possess a Graduate/ Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma recognized by AICTE in subjects such as Personnel Management/ Industrial Relations/ HRD/ Social Work/ Labor Law OR, Degree/ Diploma in Business Administration/ Management with specialization in HRD
- Law Officer – MMGS–II – Must have a Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB) with 3 years experience of practice at Bar or Judicial service and/ or as a Law Officer in the Legal Department of a reputed Bank or a Central/ State Government organization or PSU
NOTE: Knowledge of Computer Operation is a must for all these posts, which an applicant must possess or must acquire within 6 months of joining the service
- For JMGS-I : 21-30 years as on 1st of December 2011
- For MMGS-II: 21-40 years as on 1st of December 2011
However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit as per norms for privileged categories.
Application Fees: Download Challan Here
- For SC/ST/ PWD candidates: Rs.20
- For all others including OBC: Rs.100
How to Pay the Application Fees:
- Application Fee has to be paid in cash only at any branch of Indian Overseas Bank before applying Online
- No other form of payment will be accepted by the Bank
Mode of Selection:
- The selection will be done through an Interview for the above mentioned posts
- The maximum marks in the interview will be 50. The minimum pass mark for General candidates is set at 22.5 where as that for the SC, ST and OBC persons is maintained at 20.
- The final selection will be done considering the marks obtained in the IBPS CWE and the marks obtained in the interview in a proportionate manner. This selection will be done strictly on a Merit Listing
- The Bank reserves all rights for selection of candidates as per its discretion
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
a) The candidates need to apply through online only at the website of the IOB at www.iob.in
b) The applicants are advised to fill in the online application with caution as there will be no chance of altering the data once the application form is submitted
c) The candidates are advised to fill in only the facts with respect to their credentials
d) There is no need to send any physical copy of the application at this moment to the bank
e) The Interview Call Letters will be made available to candidates on the website of the IOB. Hence, the applicants are requested to check the website of IOB at regular intervals for updates about this notification
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement from IOB here IOB Recruitment 2012 2013 – 387 Specialist Officers Vacancies