Andhra Bank, a premier public sector banking institution founded in the pre-independence ear by eminent freedom fighter Dr. B.P. Sitaramayya, has gathered ample of reputation being a customer service oriented bank within a span of almost 90 years of its operation in India.
With the recent association with Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) this bank has entrusted this nationally recognized institute for competent manpower selection as a support to its recruitment planning and procedure.
With the latest notification published by the General Manager, Andhra Bank is inviting applications from competent individuals who have qualified in the Common Written Examination (CWE) of IBPS for clerical cadre in 2011-12 and have a valid Score Card from IBPS.
With the recent notification, Andhra Bank announces 600 vacancies in different states and Union Territories in clerical cadre and invites applications from different reserved and unreserved category as per the policies laid by the Central Administration. The details of the announcement are as follows:
- Opening date for online application: 21st of April 2012
- Last date for online registration: 5th of May 2012
(Even for the candidates from remote locations in India)
- Payment date for Online Application Fees: 21st of April 2012 till 5th of May 2012
Jurisdiction of employment:
As the recruitment in clerical cadre will be on a regional basic, it is advised to the aspirants that they should apply from the state or union territory from which they have qualified in the CWE of IBPS.
For clerical grade of employment in any metropolitan area is expected to be around Rs. 13850 per month. The incentives and allowances will vary depending upon the type of dwelling.
Every selected individual will be entitled for Medical Aid, Hospitalization allowances, LFC and other staff welfare compensations as admissible according to the rules of the Bank.
Minimum Probation Period:
As per the norms specified by the apex governing body of Andhra Bank, there will be a minimum probation period of 6 months, which will be applicable for all clerical cadre of employment.
- Nationality: Any person who is i) a citizen of India, ii) a subject of Nepal of Bhutan, iii) a Tibetan refugee settled permanently in India and has migrated before 1962 iv) a person of Indian origin who have migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, East African nations with an intension of permanent settlement.
- Age: The applicant should be aged in between 18-28 years as on 01.08.2011. Relaxation in age is applicable as per the Govt. of India guidelines.
- Educational Qualification: A graduate in any discipline from a recognized university and minimum IBPS Score in the CWE of 2011-12 as per the details mentioned below
Test of Reasoning, English Language, Numerical Ability, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge (in each category):
24 & above (unreserved) 21 & above (reserved)
- CWE: The aspirant should have appeared in the CWE for Clerks during Nov/Dec 2011, should be willing to be posted in any location of the state /UT from which he/she has qualified in CWE and should be willing to serve at least 5 years if selected.
- Reservations: The numbers of positions will be reserved for SC/ST/Physically Challenged, Ex-Service Persons as well as OBC candidates as per the norms of Govt. of India.
- Application fees: The application fee will be non-refundable and will be charged at Rs. 150 for general and OBC candidates and Rs.50 for SC/ST and Physically Challenged persons.
The Application fees can be paid via:
A) Bank Challan in any branch of Andhra bank
B) Online Payment in favor of CBS Account No 117911100000894 with Pattabhi Bhavan Branch in the name of “ANDHRA BANK RECRUITMENT PROJECT (CLERKS)- 2012-13”
C) NEFT fund transfer (as per the detailed mentioned above)
N.B: No form of payments in shape of Demand Drafts, Cheques, Pay Orders, Postal stamps, banker’s cheques or Postal orders will be accepted.
- The Selection Procedure:
The primary selection will be made on the basis of the performance scored in CWE for clerks through IBPS. The second level of selection will be through a Personal Interview/ Group Discussion. It is expected that an aspirant applying for the clerical cadre of employment should posses comprehensive knowledge of official language of the state or the UT from which he/she is applying.
The total marks for the Interview/Group Discussion will be 35 and a minimum cut-off is set at 40% for general and OBC candidates and 35% for others.
- General Instructions:
a) A candidate should ensure to read and understand thoroughly the notification, understand the selection criteria and should fulfill minimum eligibility before applying for the post.
b) For appearing in the personal interview/ group discussion the candidate is required to submit the photocopies of the original qualification and other associated certificates along with the call letter, without which the candidate will not be allowed to appear before the interview board.
c) The candidates have to appear in the interview/ group discussion at their own expenses and no claim will be entertained by the Bank/ Selection Committee regarding the travel expenses.
However unemployed and eligible candidates from SC/ST/PWD candidates from outstations can get reimbursement for the ordinary train/bus travel through the shortest possible distance.
d) Once the application is received any request for change of address will not be entertained.
e) No candidate is permitted to use unfair means, calculators, phones, pagers or any such gadget during the selection procedure.
f) Appointment will be subjected to medical fitness of the candidate as per the norms of the Andhra Bank. These rules will be imposed as per the services and conducts of the Bank.
How to Apply:
a) A candidate can apply online as per the instructions mentioned through the website of the bank at www.andhrabank.in. No other form of application will be accepted.
b) The personal emails ID used during registration for IBPS CWE may be used by the bank for sending intimation, call letters to this registered email ID. Hence all candidates are advised to keep this personal email ID active till the completion of selection procedure.
c) The candidates are requested to carefully fill in the registration details and retain a print copy of the online application form with them for future reference along with the registration number and password.
|CLICK here to view the Advertisement|
|CLICK here to download Fee Payment Challan (Please print Fee Payment Challan in Landscape)|
|CLICK here to Apply Online|